Laser-Dark (No-Cut) LowTemp
Step 1: A-Foil to B-Paper Process
Finishing with Hot Stamping Foils
Overview: Preparation of the Transfer (Hot Stamping Foils).
Description: This video explains how to prepare images for transferring Hot Stamping Foils onto Cotton T-Shirts.
Transfer Media: FOREVER Laser-Dark (No-Cut) LowTemp A-Foil & B-Paper & Hot Stamping Foils.
- Mirror image design printed in CMYK Black (4-Color Black)* onto FOREVER Laser-Dark (No-Cut) LowTemp A-Foil.
- Laser-Dark (No-Cut) LowTemp B-Paper
- Matt Finish Economy
NOTE: Preheat your Heat Press before use! Always keep the heat press in its closed position. This is to help keep both the top and bottom plates of your press, at optimal transferring temperatures.
*4-Color Black consists of 100% Cyan, 100% Magenta, 100% Yellow & 100% White
Preparation of the Transfer:
- OKI White Toner: 150-160°C (300-320°F) / 90 – 120 Seconds / 2-3 bar (29-43.5 psi)
- Cotton: 150-160°C (300-320°F) / 30 sec. / 2-3 bar (29-43.5 psi) Medium Pressure
- Polyester: 125-135°C (257-275°F) / 30 sec. / 2-3 bar (29-43.5 psi) Medium Pressure
- Polypropylene: 105°C (220°F) / 30 sec. / 2-3 bar (29-43.5 psi) Medium Pressure
- Blend Fabric: 140-150°C (285-305°F) / 30 sec. / 2-3 bar (29-43.5 psi) Medium Pressure
- Paper/Carton: 100°C (210°F) / 15 sec. / 1-2 bar (14.5-29 psi) Light Pressure
- Book Cover: 110-120°C (230-250°F) / 15 sec. / 1-2 bar (14.5-29 psi) Light Pressure
Finishing (For Improved Washability & a Matt Finish):
- Cotton (Rasterized/Vector): 180-200°C (356-392°F) / 10 sec.
- Cotton (Full-Scale): 150-160°C (300-320°F) / 30 sec.
- Polyester: 125-135°C (257-275°F) / 10 sec.
Note: Different CMYK printer manufacturers use different types of Toners. The settings above are only reference values. Finding out the optimal temperature and time requires some experimentation.
A-Foil & B-Paper Process: Hot Stamping Foils
- Prepare your images to use 400% Black.
- Print your design in Mirror Image Mode onto the Matt side of the A-Foil
- Place the A-Foil in the middle of the lower plate (printed or matt side facing up).
- Place the B-Paper LowTemp on top of the A-Foil (coated side showing down)*.
- Cover the A-Foil & B-Paper LowTemp with a sheet of Matt Finishing Economy (Silicone Paper).
- Press at 150-160°C (300-320°F) between 90-120 sec. with 2-3 bar (29-43.5 psi) Medium pressure**.
- Separate the B-Paper LowTemp from the A-Foil while HOT. Peeling diagonally, in a low & smooth flowing motion.
- Cut around your design to remove the unwanted B-Paper coating frame.
* The B-Paper LowTemp is slightly smaller than the A-Foil. This is to prevent your transfer press from getting dirty.
** For designs where White Toner covers the whole image, increase your Press time to 120 seconds.
Transfer Application Process:
- Place the textile on the Heat Press.
- Fix the transfer by taping the corners of the A-Foil with Heat Resistant Tape.
- Press using the textile Settings (Cotton, Polyester, etc.).
- Remove the A-Foil after it is absolutely COLD.
- For improved Washability and a Matt Finish, cover with Matt Finishing Economy & press once more, using your textile Finishing settings.
Hot Stamping Foil (HSF) Finishing:
- Place the desired HSF sheet on top of your design with the Metallic effect facing up.
- Cover with a sheet of Matt Finishing Economy.
- Press together using the Hot Stamping Foil Finishing settings.
- Separate the HSF Sheet once it is completely COLD.