Laser-Dark (No-Cut) LowTemp
Step 2: Application onto Cotton
Finishing with Hot Stamping Foils
Overview: Application onto Cotton (Hot Stamping Foils).
Description: This video explains how to transfer prepared images onto Cotton T-Shirts, in order to apply Hot Stamping Foils for a Metallic look.
Transfer Media: FOREVER Laser-Dark (No-Cut) LowTemp A-Foil & B-Paper & Hot Stamping Foils
Preparation of the Transfer:
- OKI White Toner: 150-160°C (300-320°F) / 90 – 120 Seconds / 2-3 bar (29-43.5 psi)
- Cotton: 150-160°C (300-320°F) / 30 sec. / 2-3 bar (29-43.5 psi) Medium Pressure
- Polyester: 125-135°C (257-275°F) / 30 sec. / 2-3 bar (29-43.5 psi) Medium Pressure
- Polypropylene: 105°C (220°F) / 30 sec. / 2-3 bar (29-43.5 psi) Medium Pressure
- Blend Fabric: 140-150°C (285-305°F) / 30 sec. / 2-3 bar (29-43.5 psi) Medium Pressure
- Paper/Carton: 100°C (210°F) / 15 sec. / 1-2 bar (14.5-29 psi) Light Pressure
- Book Cover: 110-120°C (230-250°F) / 15 sec. / 1-2 bar (14.5-29 psi) Light Pressure
Finishing (For Improved Washability & a Matt Finish):
- Cotton (Rasterized/Vector): 180-200°C (356-392°F) / 10 sec.
- Cotton (Full-Scale): 150-160°C (300-320°F) / 30 sec.
- Polyester: 125-135°C (257-275°F) / 10 sec.
Note: Different CMYK printer manufacturers use different types of Toners. The settings above are only reference values. Finding out the optimal temperature and time requires some experimentation.
A-Foil & B-Paper Process: Hot Stamping Foils
- Prepare your image to use 400% Black.
- Print your design in Mirror Image Mode onto the Matt side of the A-Foil
- Place the A-Foil in the middle of the lower plate (printed or matt side facing up).
- Place the B-Paper LowTemp on top of the A-Foil (coated side showing down)*.
- Cover the A-Foil & B-Paper LowTemp with a sheet of Matt Finishing Economy (Silicone Paper).
- Press at 150-160°C (300-320°F) between 90-120 sec. with 2-3 bar (29-43.5 psi) Medium pressure**.
- Separate the B-Paper LowTemp from the A-Foil while HOT. Peeling diagonally, in a low & smooth flowing motion.
- Cut around your design to remove the unwanted B-Paper coating frame.
* The B-Paper LowTemp is slightly smaller than the A-Foil. This is to prevent your transfer press from getting dirty.
** For designs where White Toner covers the whole image, increase your Press time to 120 seconds.
Transfer Application Process:
- Place the textile on the Heat Press.
- Fix the transfer by taping the corners of the A-Foil with Heat Resistant Tape.
- Press using the textile Settings (Cotton, Polyester, etc.).
- Remove the A-Foil after it is absolutely COLD.
- For improved Washability and a Matt Finish, cover with Matt Finishing Economy & press once more, using your textile Finishing settings.
Hot Stamping Foil (HSF) Finishing:
- Place the desired HSF sheet on top of your design with the Metallic effect facing up.
- Cover with a sheet of Matt Finishing Economy.
- Press together using the Hot Stamping Foil Finishing settings.
- Separate the HSF Sheet once it is completely COLD.