Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

I have an OKI C711wt and have downloaded the TransferRIP demo but cannot get white underprinting to work with color mapping and swapped cyan and white toners. In the swapped positions, the cyan appears to be working as the colors of the printed image are correct and not lacking a cyan component. But no white prints at all, no matter what percentage is used on the spot color settings page. The only difference in the cartridges is the cyan is a starter cartridge and the white is a full, replacement one.

I’m hoping I’m just missing something as another user has this working on a similar printer, a pro8432wt, shown in this forum post:

I’m prepared to buy the software right away if I can make this work properly, thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Forgot to mention there’s nothing wrong with the white toner or drum…they work perfectly with the RIP in their factory installed positions.

mssx3do
    Participant

this is a very old thread, but in case someone needs to do underprint with the C711WT (for decals/stationery) it is doable.

swap cyan and white toners/drum (the whole thing). be careful the white drum has an extra pin at the bottom. compare to the cyan one and match the 2. I extracted it with pliers.

then you have to go into diagnostic mode and disable toner sensor and ID sensor. there is a guide online for C710.. look for c710 maintenance mode. basically turn the printer OFF. hold menu up, menu down and help while turning on the printer. you get maintenance mode. enter password 000000. follow the guide to disable sensors. both for toner and ID.

then you need to use a software to map the toners.

refer to this guides: https://whitetonerconversion.com/

but remember: C711WT works flipped compared to C822… if you follow the guide to a T you end up with a underprint (what OT is asking)

have a nice day

LEMAIRE Baptiste
    Participant

Hello,

I am trying to pass my C711WT with the underprint function can you help me? The link to the guide no longer works…

Thnak you.

a.messina

Dear LEMAIRE Baptiste,

The color mapping feature has only ever worked with the OKI 8432 WT (OKI Pro8432 WT).
    So it will not work with your OKI 711 WT (OKI 7411WT).
    Furthermore the color mapping feature has been removed from the FOREVER TransferRIP software from version 2.4. onwards.
    Hope this could answer your questions

BR
    FOREVER Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.