Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Tshirtsteve
    Participant

Hi Good day. I have tried on numerous occations to download transfer rip demo does does not install, it comes up with a tab marked with a red X error… i am using windows 7 64bit…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear Tshirtsteve,

please shorten your path of temporary files folder.

Make sure that your temporary files folder is empty.
    Turn off the Firwall and Anti Virus software before installing the TransfeRIP.
    Shorten the TransferRIP file paths:
    Right-Click on the “Computer” icon.
    Click “Properties”
    Click “Advanced System Settings”
    Under the “Advanced” tab, Click “Enviroment Variables”.
    Under the “User variables”, double-click the “TEMP” line.
    Delete all the information, so that only “%USERPROFILE%\Temp” is left.
    Click “OK” and repeat the process for the next line (“TMP”).
    Click “OK” and “OK” again.
    :

Tshirtsteve
    Participant

Ok, I have managed to load the transfer Rip software. Is there any settings anyone has used for laserlight for optimum washability and graphic quality to prevent cracking during washing an best feel… Would adjusting colour density on the OKI C711 WT have any effect on the actual feel of the print to the garment?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear Tshirtsteve,

it always depends on the design you use. E.g. white is the color which cracks first. the more white the earlier you will have cracks in your design. But if the areas you have printed are small and detailed the washability will be good.
    Of course it is also important to fix the transfer correctly after transferring on the shirt like mentioned in the instructions.
    a small raster mask can also be helpful to increase the wash resistance, but like I said before, there is no general setting to have the best result.

Tshirtsteve
    Participant

Hi T. bulut. I have managed to get some progress with the transferRIP. I have been using 100% cotton shirts and found washability not so good… Would a 70%cotton 30%polyester blend be a better call? Any input on what other people are using would be appreciated.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Tshirtsteve,

of course it is better to use a softer textile which is better washable.
    But with a small raster or a good raster for black or white shirts, you can increase the wash resistance to FOREVER!

Tshirtsteve
    Participant

Hi Guys. What is the best poly cotton blend to use with OKI C711 WT printer and the best grade for cotton combed cotton or xyz and between 160g to 190g what do you’s find best personal blend?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear Tshirtsteve,

we cannot recommend any blend. Usually all blends are working fine. There are too many as that I can recommend anyone.

Tshirtsteve
    Participant

Ok well I’m definitely not getting the washability that forever claims to say… I’m using a clam press at what pressure? Hardest setting or what?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Tshirtsteve,

the washablity always depends on the design you are using. big areas starts to crack very fast (after 3-5 washes).
    If you rasterize images you can wash them 30 times without any problem.
    Normaly a softer shirt is better washable than a harder one.
    maybe you can send me some detailed photographs and how youhave washed them to info@forever-ots.com

Tshirtsteve
    Participant

Ok I have sent the pictures, Note that I have used forever setting for heatpress, altering the time, temp, and pressure… What I don’t get is that my hard pressure is different than the average or other users hard pressure so there is absolutely no constant there… I have worked with the foreverRIP which gives better feel but definitely not 30 washes as claimed, I note issues after first wash and yes it is cold wash and inside out, I have been doing things to the T and nothing has worked, eventually get a good transfer to shirt but then washability fails miserably. Frustrating as hell as it’s not performing as stated… Note the heap of waste and heap of failed tshirts the bin has been emptied before… Been through about $1500 of stock and still don’t have a viable business…

bwdesigns
    Participant

Tshirtsteve. I am interested in whether you have come to a resolution to your problem. Was your design a large front design?

Tshirtsteve
    Participant

Hi Yes I have found a solution eventually… The solution was to get a DTG printer that is not limited to small graphics as the OKI and forever paper solutions.. The fact that this product package is sold to customers as a tshirt printing system that is only good for 3-5washes as mentioned by Forever is absolutely atrocious. After finding issues with washability Forever recommends transferRIP to the clients expense, since when is this the clients problem that foreverRip must be used? By using this Rip software reduces the quality of the graphic and has non or little effect on washability. Forever has a long way to go to match DTG printing as I have printed numerous tshirts and washed and stretched them with NO harm to graphic quality.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear Tshirtsteve,

of course it is a good solution to buy a system for minimum 25.000 $ or more, but the washability of Laser-Dark (No-Cut) is much higher than only a couple of washes. If you use a big solid area, yes it will start to crack after a few washes, but the product is not developed for designs like this.
    The option to use TransferRIP is not a MUST, it is only a good way to improve the wash fastness.
    TransferRIP is also boosting the colors and the result with the RIP is much better than using the standard driver.
    Of course, the colors will not be that perfect if you rasterize it comparing to a full scale image, but the result is also very good and in some cases breath-taking, depending on the design you are printing.
    It is a pity that we were not able to help you finding the best way for you, but we hope that we can still make you happy using our products in the future.

luizfranca
    Participant

I have the same problem. Terrible washability. 1-2 Maximo. Tshirtsteve, I think you made the right decision. I just bought my Oki C711 and now I see that was a bad idea. Because we don’t have a good supplies or products on the market yet. Looks like that will take long. I’m looking to buy a DTG and try sell my 1 month Oki 711. Sad.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Forever transfer rip’ is closed to new replies.