Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I saw on the website that you can use this paper on wood as well, but I can’t find anywhere settings that needs to be used. The instructions pdf also shows for textiles, paper/carton and book covers, but not wood.

What pressure, time and temperature do I need to use? Do I peel it hot or also when its cold?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear whythetorment,

Yes, you can also apply this transfer media onto wood. Because there are so many different wood type, coated or not coated, rough or fine surface.
    Usually an applying temperature of 110-130°C should be fine. Unfortunately you have to test it until it works as you desire.

BR

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

Thank you.

I’m trying to do this on white coated MDF wood. It’s like plain mdf, but its coated with a white smooth layer on top.

Tried up to 100C and when I peel it cold, some of the print doesn’t stick. Will try increase my temp.

Thank you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

well said, moderator.

Joseph Smith
    Participant

Hi All,

Did you have any luck after increasing the temperature? I have been contracted by a company to create marketing materials for a conference booth they’re running and I was hoping to try a few wood based items to help them stand out!

Ref:(https://www.concretedrivewaybaltimore.com)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Joseph Smith.
    a.messina

Dear Joseph Smith,

Depending on which product you “saw on the website” the processes may differ – this post was about the “FOREVER Multi-Trans”.

Generally speaking, products for wood application need more heat or a longer pre-press to heat up the wood surface for the transfer.
    To make sure the settings here are not referring to different products and thus confuse people, please write me a direct e-mail, so I can help you solve your problem. (support@forever-ots.com)

BR
    FOREVER Support-Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.