Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    moto-g
    Participant

Hi
    I use forever laser dark paper exclusively I like the finish the very sharp and precise graphics I can reproduce and I use it with the forever transfer rip. I have a graphite grey garment its a dark grey and I would like to know the setting and which raster mask would suite the application. I have many other colours that I would like to use the forever laser dark rather then the forever laser light as the laser dark has really good washability compared to the laser light.

I might be understanding this process incorrectly and can not find any in depth tutorials that cover the forever rip software further then just the basics. I also don’t understand all the settings and what they do and how they manipulate and change my output. I feel there is much more I could get out of the forever rip if I understood better. I am really happy with the forever products and the forever rip I just need some more training and understanding. Could anybody give me some guidance on the following settings.

1. If I use the dark mask screening for dark media it takes out the black in my graphic and I need the black as the garment is not dark enough to replace the black.

2. If I use the light mask screening for light media it takes out the white and once again I need the white as the garment is not light enough to replace the white or lighter colours.

3. Is the only option to set up my artwork to suite and use the micro mask with the user 1 setting for laser dark paper.

Thank you in advance

Kind Regards
    Grant

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear moto-g,

it is nice to see that you are happy with out products.
    You have answered your questions.
    For middel tone colors like grey, blue, red, yellow, etc. we recommend to use the Micro Mask.
    We are still working on a medium color mask, but is is not that easy unfortunately.
    If you use the dark mask, you can decrease the Shadow Tolerance to 0. That will make sure that only pure black will be deleted. Maybe this helps. If you use the light mask, use 400 for the Shadow Tolerance. Check the result in the preview before printing.

BR

moto-g
    Participant

Hi
    Thank you for your reply. I will try the light mask with the 400 shadow tolerance and see how it turns out.
    Could I rasterise the graphic as per your photoshop instruction? And print direct through printer. Would I keep the washability and sharpness of my graphic using this method?.

Many Thanks
    Grant

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear moto-g,

please also try the dark mask with 0 Shadow Tolerance to compare.
    TransferRIP is doing exactly the same like Photoshop. If you want, you can also use PS to rasterize images.
    You can even load a PSD file into the RIP to combine both.

BR

moto-g
    Participant

Hi
    Ok if I understand you correctly I must use the dark mask and set the shadow tolerance to 0. Do I leave everything else as before?.
    If I load a psd file that has been rasterised into the forever rip do I use the same dark mask with the 0 shadow tolerance?

Am I correct in saying the forever dark has better washability then the forever light or am I just doing something wrong?
    I have the Oki 8432wt printer and use the forever rip with a stahls fusion press. I was told that I am not pressing with enough pressure I press at the exact pressure that forever recommend. I did go up a little but did not change the washability was not as good as the laser dark?

I will try the settings you suggested today and see how they go. Thank you very much for your reply and help.

Kind Regards
    Grant

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear Grant,

if you use the dark mask with a ST of 0, you can leave everything else as it was before.
    If you use an already rasterized design from PS, use 1-2 px underfilling in step 4 and the screening of the printer.
    You cannot raserize an image which is already rasterized.
    Yes, the dark 2-paper-system is better washable because of the second paper.
    If you use Laser-Light, it is important to use the highest possible pressure for fixing the design with silicone paper after transferring it to the shirt.

BR

moto-g
    Participant

Hi
    Great, thank you I got a long weekend testing ahead.
    Thank you for all the replies and the advice I will test them all and see what is the better option. I will also try the highest pressure setting when fixing the design with the laser light. I have not been doing that I have always used just over the med pressure setting so just starting getting to the heavy pressure.

I hope you have a good weekend.

Many Thanks
    Grant

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.