Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kasper Valeur
    Participant

Hi, I’m trying to get a good continuous performance with multi trans on wood. We are working with a insta 204 and 256. We are working with wood used to making wine boxes. Our main problem is that the film from multi trans stays on the wood and we can not figure out what renounce this problem. We have followed the step by step guide from forever and we have pre-heatet the press, wood and the silicone pad before trying. We have adjusted pressure, time and heat for many different settings.
    Is there anyone who has had the same problem and found a solution ??? Unfortunately I can not add pictures here. Thanks

philip
    Participant

Hi,
    I am having similar issues and i have tried many different settings.
    Without silicone cover I get an even transfer result but there stays some “glue” on top of the image. Does not look good. Re-Pressing/Fixing does not improve the result.
    With a silicon mat between multi trans and heat press the glue issue is gone but the transfer quality decreases. Some parts wont transfer well or sometimes it looks as if the toner starts melting.
    Have not found a continuously working method yet.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear Users,

for using the Multi-Trans it is very important to use a 5 mm silicone pad in combination with a digital thermometer.
    Every material has its own temperature time when you have to open the press.
    You always have to use the highest pressure and 200°C when you are working with this method.
    Wood should be opened at 130°C.
    The silicone pad is avoidiung the glue and helps for better transfer of the toner instead of the whole coating.
    And it also blocks the heat to avoid heat bubbles or burned toner.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Multitrans on wood’ is closed to new replies.