Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Is it possible to iron on garment where designs have been applied and also designs which have been metalized?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear TGC,

of course it is, but you have to be careful. Always iron the shirt inside out. To avoid any dirt or sticking in case, please use a backing paper between the print and the table or other side of the shirt.
    Do not lift it up, if it is still hot. Otherwise it is possible that the toner sticks on eachother.

Anonymous
    Inactive

OK – thanks.
    It does however sound as if it is not something which can be sold or communicated commercially because with the restrictions you describe it sounds like something which one have to do very carefully and when consumers try it it is highly likely something goes wrong and leads to complaints due to damages to the print or garment.
    I do not think it is not possible to tell customers to use baking paper or likewise when ironing clothes.

I may misunderstand your feedback but unless it is possible to tell consumers ironing is possible (without other restrictions than the restrictions for the garment) it is not an option in my perspective.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear TGC,

if it is a Hot Stamping Foil Design wihtout anything else, you can iron it without any destrictions.
    Just like with every other printed shirt, inside out.

Anonymous
    Inactive

OK – thanks.
    I am quite new to this but believe it is hot stamping foil and nothing else. It is however finishes like those shown here:

If these can be ironed inside / out then fine. Then I know how to present and communicate to customers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Ironing garments where designs have been metalized with hot stamping foils’ is closed to new replies.