Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    urbanmonkey
    Participant

Hello,
    We’re printing the A-sheet with Canon 7018C Laserjet Printer with Ghost White Toner. We’re able to get the B-sheet to adhere to the A-Sheet properly at 160C with medium-hard pressure for 90 seconds (Hot peel). But when we are trying to transfer the designs to our cotton garments (at 160C for 30 seconds), we are facing the following issues:
    1) Some of the colours are not getting transferred properly (sticking back to the A-Sheet) which kind of changes the final output colours of the designs. (Please see image in link)
    2) In some of the Prints the whiteness from the B sheet is peeking, making it look like its colours are faded. Please note, the image I’ve attached is of a print without any use of the white toner. (Please see image in link)
    3) Some of the B-sheets aren’t adhering properly in just some parts of the print. (Please see image in link)

All our garments are 100% Super Combed Cotton (Bio-Washed)
    Please advise on how to improve the final output of our prints. Thanks!

Link for Images: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ftqflwh1ae9kxpi/AAAudY9rhMGF48WOPH0xFPgma?dl=0

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear urbanmonkey,

if the transfer from B to A has worked perfectly, it must transfer to the garment.
    Please check the used B-Paper if there are some leftovers. Sometimes it is very hard to see if there is something or not.

If you do not use any white toner to fill up light colors, they won’t transfer. You need at least 80-100% toner for a propper transfer of the adhesive to the toner.

As I can see, it looks like that you printer is working with polymer toner. That means, that the toner is longer hot than usually. Also be careful with this. You have to wait longer when peeling B from A and also the cooling down process may take some seconds or minutes more than usually.

If you still have problems, please check our support videos regarding our product.

urbanmonkey
    Participant

Dear bulut,

Thanks for the quick response.
    We are facing the same issue despite using the white toner as well. i.e. running a coat of white toner on the entire design after running the coloured coat. Still there is an issue with the colours sticking to the A-sheet.
    Also, there is still the weird whiteness peeking through the designs.
    What do you mean when you say Polymer toner? Does it have any negative consequences to the final output of the print?
    The video you share has all the colours and brightness intact when transferred to the garment, however that is not the case when we are doing it. Please advise a solution for the same.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear urbanmonkey,

polymer toner can affect the A and B process. But you said that you have no problems, so I don’t think that this is the problem.
    In the video you can see how it should work with which settings.
    If you are failing with, more or less, the same settings, maybe the toner is causing the problems or, in worst case, the heat press.
    If you can upload a short video of your handling and when the problem is appearing, it would be very helpful.

urbanmonkey
    Participant

Dear Bulut,

PFB the link for the process we’re following end to end:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KOPmyT9NiTIBNFTytgj6FnJUiee-3Axi

Also, PFB the link for the images of the final product output:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TC8HyMjYzOC-do-bpG5itoUV5JJDPreP

Please review the same and advise how to resolve this issue.

Thanks.

urbanmonkey
    Participant

Hi Bulut,

I’ve pasted the link for the videos of the entire process we’re following.
    Request you to kindly have a look and advise how to resolve the issue.

Thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear urbanmonkey,

I have watched the video and checked the photos. Thank you very much for that. This is making things much easier.
    First off all, the result is coming from the printer.
    I am sure, if you check the print-out from the printer, you will see that the images looks more or less the same like on the shirt later.
    Usually we recommend to use Foil/Film/Transparency/Glossy and not Heavy Paper, but if your result and fixation of the printer is fine, it is also ok. But I think something is happening with the file in the printer.
    It is not a low resolution of the file but maybe some problem with the pritner and its resolution.
    There is nothing we can do to help you infortunately.

There is only one thing for the future. If you have problems with the transfer, remove the teflon from your heat press and never print A sheet on top.
    Always A on the heat press and the smaller B-Paper on top. In this case you just have to cover the sheet from the top to avoid that the glue from the B-Paper edges is coming to the upper plate of the heat press.

BR

Anonymous
    Inactive

@urbanmonkey Did you ever find a solution to your problem? I too am facing similar results. The B sheet doesn’t paste all the way to the A and also I’m using Ghost White.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@FOREVER Support what exactly is the polymer toner? My sheets look the same as the person asking this and what settings should I try incase I have the polymer toner?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear impactcolor,

polymer toner is staying longer hot. Maybe rubbing hard on the B-Paper with a cloth will help you.
    For me it makes no sense why the whole process is perfect except of these little dots.
    This have nothing to do with out media. Maybe the toner did not fix there perfectly because you have to print two times with the HP Ghost printers?!
    Maybe there are some uneven areas in your heat press or missing heat on the heating plate.
    Please place the A and B sheets in another corner of the heat press to see if there is a problem with the heat press.

BR

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.