Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    daveaturner
    Participant

Hi,
    I have a design for coloured mugs that has been faded to transparent at the edges so the design blends into the colour of the mug. The design looks fine in coral and photoshop but when I get to the spot channel control in TransferRIP it fills the whole of the faded area with white which gives the design a white border which I do not want. I am loading the design as a PSD into the RIP. I think my RIP version is 2.21.13f3621. Whilst I was in the six months support window I did try to upgrade to 2.23.00f3794 which I think had an extra control for managing the white toner but this version seemed to have a bug as it would not print any white toner at all so I had to go back to the version originally supplied.

Any help you could give would be most appreciated

Dave t

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear Dave,

even with the feature to control the faded edges, you will have problems with the edges. faded edges are not working good with toner transfer. In this case I would recommend to rasterize the edges with photoshop before or you can rasterize the image in the RIP if you are going onto black mugs.

BR

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.