Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    daveaturner
    Participant

I have a problem that some of the image is sticking to the A paper when I separate it. I’ve checked the press temp is 180 C and have varied between 15 and 20 seconds. I’ve made sure paper is cold before separating but I’m still getting enough toner stuck to the A paper to spoil the results. Any ideas?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear daveaturner,

please try to switch the order of the both papers in the press.
    If your A-Paper is on top over the Waterslide, change them. And also the other way.
    If you still have problems, tell me please which heat press, printer, and print setting you are using.

daveaturner
    Participant

Hi,
    Thank you for responding so quickly. I tried it putting the A paper face up on the press and the waterslide on top which is the other way to what the instruction sheet tells you to do. The result was much better but still not perfect as there were still small details still stuck to the A paper after peeling. My printer is an OKI PRO9420WT, The press is an Adkins Maxi and I printed the A paper using the Forever RIP using the Laser Dark profile and all default settings. Any further ideas?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear daveaturner,

if you are using the RIP, please try a printout with a fill-up white value of 250% instead of default 150%.

daveaturner
    Participant

Hi, Many thanks for your help. I’ve retried using 250% white and putting the A paper on the press first and whilst its a bit better I’m still having problems. I have 4 transfers on a sheet and only one or two are coming out usable which is better than before where none were usable but its still not right. I’ve checked my press temp with a digital thermometer and its spot on 180c.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear daveaturner,

please increase the pressure of your heat press.

daveaturner
    Participant

Sorry but this is not going well. I increased the press pressure which did no good. I then tried many samples going through in incremental steps from light pressure to heavy pressure none of which worked. I tried dropping down to 10 seconds and increasing to 40 seconds still no good. I’ve tried A paper on the bottom and A paper on the top. I’ve tried 150% and 250 % white toner and many combinations of all the above. I’ve used up over half my stock of waterslides and A papers, which are reasonably expensive experimenting and am getting nowhere as I still have bits of my design stuck to the A paper.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear daveaturner,

do you have a chance to try a different press? I am pretty sure that the problem is in the press.
    There is only one thing you can try before trying another press:
    Please cover the sheets with a thin silicone pade to make sure that the pressure and heat is going everywhere in the same amount.

daveaturner
    Participant

Hi again, unfortunately I do not have another heat press. I’ve tried a silicone pad but this didn’t help and I’ve also tried printing directly from Corel instead of using the RIP. I’ll just have to put this to one side until I can get access to another heat press. Many thanks for your help and I’ll get back when I’ve tried my designs on another press but this may take me a bit of time to arrange

daveaturner
    Participant

Its taken a while but I have asked my supplier to press and peel some of my transfers in one of their heat presses. These worked without any issue proving the problem is indeed down to my heat press. I think the issue is the silicon pad on the Adkins press is to thick and soft for this application. Again many thanks for your help – Dave t

Forever_DJ
    Keymaster

@daveaturner
    Glad to hear that your problem has been solved.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Problem seperating A paper from waterslide when using white toner process’ is closed to new replies.