Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    garybenningfield
    Participant

Hello, first off I’d like to say the transfer rip works great and the laser dark is awesome as well, no issues at all. however, with the laser light I cannot seem to get a clean transfer at all, well i had one decent one. Every transfer leaves the toner stuck to and between the fabric and transfer paper. I’ve tried pressing with temp at 360, 375 and 390 and I have the same result. I’ve tried my pressure from light to heavy with each press for 15 seconds. the paper is to expensive to continue with the trial and error approach. also, with the one good transfer I got, when I went to finish it the toner came off the shirt and stuck to my finishing paper. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks, gary

Forever_DJ
    Keymaster

@garybenningfield

Have you already watched the Laser-Light (No-Cut) video?

If so, please tell me more about your process and settings:

Printer Settings – toner density?
      TransferRIP Settings
      Garment type
      Heat Press brand
      How did you save the image? (Please provide a link to the printable image)
    garybenningfield
    Participant

I believe I’ve found the issue. I think the issue was not enough pressure. I don’t have an expensive press and it’s more like a cheap starter press that’s a 6 in 1 that doesn’t have any gauges and I’m forced to guess what is medium vs heavy pressure. I tried pressing at what I call heavy pressure @12 seconds and the designs transferred fully, and this time the finishing stage didn’t leave toner on the finishing sheet. FWIW, I think I’ll stick with laser dark no cut, it works better for me with less room for error even with more steps.

Thank you,

Forever_DJ
    Keymaster

@garybenningfield

Interesting to hear that increasing the pressure on the cheaper all-in-one heat presses makes a difference.

I will mark this chat as closed.

Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘trouble with transfer’ is closed to new replies.