Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello!

I’ve just started using an OKI Pro9420WT with the Forever TransferRIP and Forever transfer foils and I’m coming along quite good.
    There is one big problem I’m facing and maybe this is more something that the OKI team can answer me but I wanted to try my luck here, too.

I’m loading an A3 design into the RIP as a PDF, everything looks fine in the preview but when I print it, it “cuts off” parts of the motive at the bottom and on the left. It’s like the design is too big for the A3 foil, but it’s definitely the right size since the preview shows it to be so.

Do I maybe have to select “Force Manual Tray and User defined Media Size”? Even though I don’t really know what this means or does…

I’d really like to get some help on this! 🙂

bwdesigns
    Participant

Have you ever got a resolution to this as I am having the same problem?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey!

Yes actually I did find a solution, even though it’s kinda stupid you have to do this.

You know how a regular printer doesn’t print on the full surface of a page but leaves a small border of empty space around the motive that ends up on the page? Well, for some reason, when you use the TransferRIP, it also does that, BUT it doesn’t scale the motive accordingly so it fits within that area.

So basically it prints the motive at the exact scale it has on your PC and doesn’t adjust its size automatically. For whatever reason. To circumvent this, you’ll have to do a small workaround.

If you are using Photoshop to setup your PDFs, place the motive a little bit away from the borders of the document. You’ll have to figure out yourself how much you need so nothing gets cut off, but it shouldn’t take you more than 2 or 3 tries, atleast this was true for me. I really don’t get why the software is incapable of scaling the document itself, but it worked for me.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear Users,

there is a easier way to solve the “problem”.
    Just use an offset of -4 on the X value in the last step of the RIP.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Printer cuts off parts of A3 design’ is closed to new replies.