Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    daveaturner
    Participant

Hi,

When I print red objects (100% magenta, 100% yellow) onto black shirts the transfer which was red before pressing turns a dark orange colour. I had the white spot fillup spot at 300% heat press at 155 degrees C, medium pressure for 30 seconds. I don’t want to waste lots of time and paper experimenting so any guidance where to start would be very welcome.

Regards

Dave t

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear daveaturner,

red is in different branches which are working with heat a very difficult color.For the best result I would recommend to decrease the pressure and the time. 15 seconds should be enough. a light pressure should be also fine. this will lead for sure to a better red.
    Additionally to that you can also decrease the temperature to 120°C.

Best Regards

daveaturner
    Participant

Hi ,
    Many thanks for your advice. Does this advice apply to both applying the transfer and fixing it?

Dave t

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear daveaturner,

yes. Both steps should be done like this.

daveaturner
    Participant

Hi,

Ok I’ve tried that and whilst its still not perfect its better than it was and good enough for what I need to do. Many thanks for your help and advice which saved me a lot of time and trouble

Kind regards

Dave t

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Colour red turning orange when pressing transfer to black shirt’ is closed to new replies.